Sunday, November 27, 2005

I'm a prophet.

Well, I don't really think I'm a prophet, but the accuracy of my dreams is uncanny.

I had a dream a few weeks ago, early November I think, about my friend Chuck Steger sending me this really crazy card. It was homemade by him with roses and an encrypted message on it. "I know you have been excited about us started a family, call us to hear the happy news." What did this mean? Well, it doesn't take a genius to figure out the implications. I was so excited, keep in mind this was at 4:30 AM, that I couldn't go back to sleep. I had to call them. I waited and waited.

When I did get a hold of Keely, Chuck's bride and one of my nearest and dearest friends, we had a laugh over the dream. She was going to the doctor later that day, and it was possible. Unlikely but possible. I thought for sure I was right.

It turned out that it was to early for the nurse to even be able to give her a test, it wouldn't have given accurate results. But, later that week at church we got surprising news. A pregnancy was announced for our other good friends Blake and Kara Simonson. Maybe I was a prophet, but my radar was just a little off. I knew someone was pregnant. REJOICE!!!!! They are having a baby.


It wouldn't be until the day before thanksgiving that I would receive a familiar card. One that was addressed to the Prophet Della, Love Chuck and Keely. Decorated with beautiful flowers. It is true, and I couldn't me more excited.

2 comments:

keely said...

Good stuff, Miss Prophet. Sorry we didn't get to exchange proper goodbyes today. Hope you're feeling better. See you in 3 weeks!

Anonymous said...

that's hilarious, a little freaky, and cool!