Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Well, this sucks.

It's only the most beautiful day of the year today. I think in the 80's, holy crap is it June? So where am I? Playing outside you ask? Riding one of my many bikes? Running? Playing Frisbee? Taking a walk, washing the car, riding my bike, driving with the windows down crankin' some Counting Crows, riding my bike? NOPE. I'm inside, on the couch, being sick.

I woke up this morning, with one eye swollen shut and filled with goop. As was my nose, and my throat. I called in sick, everywhere. I'm so bummed. I can't remember the last time I spent all day on the couch. I can remember that I used to do it all the time when I was a freshman or sophomore in college. If you didn't know where I was, you just needed to check the couch. But for the past few years, I've been going going going all day long. For the past few months I've even started my day at 5:30 and gone non-stop until 11. The couch is not as appealing as it once was. At least not during the week. Saturday morning is fine. But not all day everyday. Quick question, are the Unsolved Mysteries that are on TV now reruns? They look like the were all filmed in the eighties. Surely I'm not supposed to looking out for these missing people am I?

So what's going on with me?


Lot's of stuff. I left the state last weekend, which doesn't happen very often. I went to Dallas, got Kim and then we drove to Houston and got to hang out with Squeak and Megan, oh and Princy. Sunday we went to my brother's church in Katy and had lunch with my family. What a great time. I love the chance to be with old friends. We got to laugh and relax, really enjoy each other. I wish I could visit more of our young married friends.

Later, Kim and I went back to Dallas. Monday I had an interview with RUF to be an intern next fall. Everything went great, they voted and gave me the thumbs up. So, there you have it. In mid-April they will tell me where I am moving and in June I go on staff. Crazy huh? Well I'm very excited. I covet your prayers, for the next few weeks and months. Pray for peace and wisdom. Pray for continued growth. Pray for support from friends and family.

There is plenty more to post, and I have plenty of time today, maybe there will be more later.

4 comments:

Annie said...

I'm so sorry you're sick. Feel better.

keely said...

It's amazing that my new catch phrase seems to apply to any and every situation in life. D- Put your Lance face on.

I love you.

Katie said...

Feel better soon!

Justin Donathan said...

Congratulations!