Sunday, October 09, 2005

Pops in Picture

This is the man the day he had all of that chest discomfort. You know, I was thinking later, what if he had gone to the game with me? He would have walked up all those stairs, possibly had a real heart attack, and then after that explosion we would have been on lock down, making it impossible to get him out of there. Another illustration of God's providence.


This is Dad the night before surgery, watching his monitors with Amy. The doctor told us if he had waited until his scheduled appointment on Thursday, that means he wouldn't have been in surgery until Monday, and he most likely wouldn't have made it. Thank God my uncle Fenton is a doctor and he had some pull with this doctor. God's providence.


Mom and Dad minutes before surgery. Side note, anytime a new nurse or doctor would walk in, my dad would say, "My wife wants to know when we can have sex again." Just an illustration of my fathers sense of humor. Purely innocent I assure you.



This is Dad TWO DAYS after a quintuple bypass, offering goodies to all the nurses and patients on his hall. (Google quintuple bypass.)



Dad, Amy (my sister), and Carter (my brother). What a handsome crew.

3 comments:

keely said...

And by this week, he'll be back ordering you around and making staircases disappear into thin air.

Della said...

Yeah, he is already talking about laying tile in this new house he's working on. The man never stops.

Laura Negus said...

Thanks for the pics, Della. Glad your family sticks together so well. Godbless.